Guardian Life Ultimate Provider
Guardian Life Ultimate Provider
The Ultimate Provider is a critical illness product that also offers the opportunity for investment. Thankfully, medical advances continue to provide improved treatment, increasing our survival rate and our ability to cope. The Ultimate Provider is d
About this product
The Ultimate Provider is a critical illness product that also offers the opportunity for investment. Thankfully, medical advances continue to provide improved treatment, increasing our survival rate and our ability to cope. The Ultimate Provider is designed to shield you and your family from the financial burden created by these illnesses, and to provide the vital financial support you need at that time.
The total of the Basic Sum Assured and the bid value of the accumulated units in the Investment Funds less any indebtedness is payable on:
• The death of the Insured Person
• The first occurrence or diagnosis of any of the twenty-three (23) events listed below and where death has not occurred within thirty (30) days immediately following such occurrence. (see definitions herein):
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Angioplasty (coverage on this illness ceases at age 65)
- Aorta Groft Surgery
- Benign Brain Tumor
- Coronary Artery Disease Surgery
- Deafness & Loss of Hearing
- Heart Attack
- Heart Valve & Structural Surgery
- Kidney Failure
- Loss of Limbs
- Loss of Speech
- Major Burns
- Major Organ Failure requiring Transplant
- Major Organ Transplant
- Motor Neuron Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Occupational HIV
- Parkinson Disease
If death is by suicide within two years of the commencement date or reinstatement date of the policy, the death benefit will be limited to the bid value of the accumulated units in the Investment Funes less any indebtedness.
The total of the Basic Sum Assured and bid value of the accumulated units of the Investment Funds less any indebtedness is payable on the first occurrence or diagnosis of any of the events listed above, and where death has not occurred within thirty (30) days immediately following such occurrence. EXCLUDING all other dementing organic brain disorders and psychiatric illnesses.
Minimum Ultimate Provider
The minimum Basic Sum Assured is $1,000,000. This amount may be changed from time to time at the discretion of Guardian Life. The policy may be issued to persons aged 20 to 60 years, nearest birthday.
• Critical Illness Benefit: The Basic Sum Assured is payable upon the first occurrence or diagnosis of any of the insured events defined in this brochure and where death has not occurred within thirty (30) days immediately following such occurrence. Claims must be made no later than six (6) months after the first occurrence or diagnosis of any of the Insured events.
• Expiry Benefit: The bid value of the accumulated units in the Investment Funds less any indebtedness will be paid on the policy anniversary of the Life Insured attains age 75. The Policy will then cease to be in force.
• Misstatement of Age: In the event that age is misstated, the amount payable shall be adjusted to the amount that would have been provided by the same premium at the correct age.
• Waiting Period: The Ultimate Provider has a ninety (90) day waiting period from the commencement date or the reinstatement date before the benefits under the insured events become payable.
• Grace Period: This is a period of thirty (30) days after a premium is due.
• Reinstatement: Reinstatement by the revival method is permitted twice during the life of the policy within 6 months after the date of lapse, subject to provision of satisfactory medical evidence at the life insured's expense.
• Partial Surrender: Each partial withdrawal from the Fund Value during the first 5 years will attract a charge. The charge is greater than $800 and 7 ½ % of the partial withdrawal amount. Thereafter, each partial withdrawal will attract a charge of $800.
• Full Surrender: During the first five (5) years, the amount payable as surrender value will be the value of the units allocated to the policy based on the bid price prevailing on the· date of surrender, less a surrender charge which will be either $2,000 or 7 ½ % of the surrender value, whichever is greater. Thereafter, the surrender charge will be $2,000.
• Residual Amount: A minimum amount of $3,000 must remain in the Fund after any partial withdrawal.
• Payment of Premiums: Premiums may be paid monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or yearly, and are payable on the due dates specified on the policy schedule until:
- The date of death of the Life Insured
- The date any of the insured events as defined herein occurs
- The Policy anniversary after the Life Insured attains age 75
Regular Additional Investment Premiums
You will be required to pay a minimum regular additional premium of $1,000 monthly, $3,000 Quarterly, $6,000 half-yearly or $12,000 yearly. The Company reserves the right to change the premium rate in respect of the Policy, at any policy anniversary. The new rate will only apply to premiums that are due after the Company gives notice in writing forty-five (45) days in advance of any such change.
Non-Payment of Premiums
Automatic Premium Payment
In the event that the Billable Premium is not received after the expiration of the days of grace, the Company will encash units in the same proportion as the number of units allocated to the policy from each fund, sufficient in value to meet the Total Basic Premium until all the Units attached to the policy have been exhausted. The policy and all attachments hereto will then terminate without value. The inadvertent acceptance by the Company of premiums when no longer due, will not constitute a waiver of this provision. The premiums will be refunded.
Inflation Indexation Option
When applying for the policy, you may choose to have the Basic Sum Insured increased automatically at each policy anniversary subject to a minimum of 5% and a maximum of 20% (not exceeding twice the original Basic Sum Insured), without medical evidence (conditions apply). This will result in an increase in the basic premium.
Opportunity for Investment
Option to choose Basic Sum Assured
Critical Illness Benefit
Misstatement of Age
Reinstatement through the Revival Method is permitted twice
Multiple Options to Pay Premium
Inflation Indexation Option